Sunday, April 26, 2015

Jaime Mackenzie Pritchard

I am here because I desire with all my heart to follow my Master, Jesus Christ. I yearn to do all that He asks of me in this great cause. I hunger to be edified by the Holy Spirit and hear the voice of God as He speaks through His ordained servants. I am here to become a better man, to be lifted by the inspiring examples of my brothers and sisters in Christ, and to learn how to more effectively minister to those in need.
In short, I am here because I love my Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ.
--Pres. Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Jaime Mackenzie Pritchard, I'm not sure there is anything I can say that has not already been expressed.  However as I sat listening to your sisters beautiful eulogy I felt impressed to express a few of my thoughts.  As I was driving home from your funeral I decided to listen the Priesthood session of the last General Conference, and when I heard Pres. Uchtdorf say the previous quote I was immediately struck with the impression you could have uttered those very words.  In my mind I heard your voice in place of Pres. Uchtdorf's.  And I wept.

I wept when I first learned of your passing, and i have wept many times since, though we did not know each other as well as I would have liked.  I am saddened that I did not take the opportunity to get to know you better.  I grieve not only for your passing, but also for what was not and what will not be.  Sometime after we first met, while talking after an FHE activity, you found out I frequented West Coast Swing dances, and asked me if I would teach you how to dance.  Yet somehow in the course of conversation I never gave you an answer.  And then the days past, and then weeks, and soon months, and now not quite a year gone, much to my consternation never did give you an answer.  Of course the answer was, nay, is yes.  So when next we meet, let’s dance.

We have not known each other long, nor did we know each other well, so it is sometimes difficult for me to explain the intense grief I have experienced over the past week.  For reasons I cannot explain I've always felt some connection to you, as if we knew each other far longer than the short year and a half that we did.  I always looked forward to seeing you at family home evening activities, though you weren't always in attendance when I was.  Your smile and spirit were infectious.

As I reflect on what I knew about you before you left this mortal realm and what more I learned since. it is my sincerest hope that we who remain can strive to exemplify the monumental example you set for us.  You did not allow life’s challenges to get in the way of your service to your brothers and sisters.  Your life’s vocation was one of service, both professionally and personally.  Your actions and magnificent spirit have touched and impacted many.  The seeds you have sown are plentiful, some have been harvested, some are ready to harvest, and some still growing. You are a stalwart daughter of God and have served valiantly.
"And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."
--Matthew 25:40

Though there may have been much left in this earthly existence you had yet to accomplish, our Father in Heaven saw it was time to assign you a greater calling.  I have no doubt you are far busier now than you ever were here on Earth.


"But behold, from among the righteous, he organized his forces and appointed messengers, clothed with power and authority, and commissioned them to go forth and carry the light of the gospel to them that were in darkness, even to all the spirits of men; and thus was the gospel preached to the dead." 
--President Joseph F. Smith, Doctrine and Covenants, 138:30


Semper Fidelis Jaime
Sincerely,

Ryan Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment